Thursday, October 30, 2014

Business Opportunity Assessment: Youngevity






Posted by getyour90.com

It was somewhat by accident that I discovered Youngevity.   A friend of mine had mentioned the name Dr. Wallach to me but hadn't said anything about his relationship with Youngevity.

As I recall, I wasn't much interested in finding out who Dr. Wallach was but eventually I got around to doing a little research online about Dr. Wallach and the rest is history you might say.  From this experience, I am beginning to learn it is important to be honest with oneself about "findings" into a business opportunity or any Network Marketing company as new discoveries are made.  For example,  I think the idea is true there is a certain amount of excitement associated with discovering any new project or new opportunity but that excitement can cloud a person's mind to what the complete package for what the opportunity actually is or looks like.  This enthusiasm we get with a new discovery is awesome but it can cause one to only see positives while ignoring any glaring not-so-positive realities.

As I have discovered more about 90 for Life and what Dr. Wallach was saying about doctors not addressing how to prevent disease, I get more and more excited about his message and Youngevity as a business opportunity.  Yet I am learning that there must be balance with any message so as not to get stuck in an unrealistic experience that isn't based on facts.

This unrealistic experience for me isn't Dr. Wallach's message.  In fact his 90 for Life message is quite relatable and something I can really hold on to because it is based on actual experiences.  I saw his message on the view doctors take with diet occur in my life as I was being treated for Cancer.  The doctors I met with would routinely evade questions my wife and I had about my diet (which I now realize from listening to what Dr. Wallach and others have stated,  is because they aren't trained to know about that).   Instead the doctors pushed drug/chemical therapy and removal of diseased body parts rather than ways to heal the body as God intended.  As I listened to Dr. Wallach talk about something I had experienced, his message excited me so much that I couldn't wait to be a part of a company that finally helps make sense of diet even though I hadn't seen a very complete picture yet.

In the beginning as I was discovering Dr. Wallach and the company Youngevity, I came across an appearance he made on a tv show with televangelist Benny Hinn (whom it just so happens I do not have respect for and for reasons to numerous to mention).  This discovery had somewhat diminished my once completely positive views I held about Dr. Wallach but the real question is, in light of this discovery has it changed my support overall for his message? Of course not.    I believe now more than ever we must keep healthy perspective on people within a company and keep the company itself in balance within our minds.  We must not as far as be possible allow(as I had done) desire for perfection of who someone or who a company is to dominate.   Do I think Dr. Wallach should have appeared on Benny Hinn's tv program?  Not really, but that's just my opinion and I also realize that Dr. Wallach wants his message to be heard (and seen) by as many people as are open to it.  So bottom-line is this:  it is vital to keep all that we know and learn about a person and company in balance.   Find what fits for you and throw out what doesn't.

A few points I have learned (so far) on my journey to becoming a Rep with Youngevity. Perhaps these points will help you as they have for me.

1. Find out what other people (inside and outside) are saying about the company.  I found that checking YouTube videos really shows you a lot about a company--the great, the not-so-great and ones we all should just completely avoid.  Doing searches and video searches online shows the truth and a lot of non-truth about company's and people so keep a proper perspective and level head.

2. Don't discount your own experiences as you learn and build your own business.   Some people just hate a product or company while others can't find any faults whatsoever. Keep in mind these will be public statements (if found online) so be wary of people saying anything to rip you off.

3.  I found this point quite important when doing research.   Hold on to what you know to be true and especially the relatable aspects of a company or business opportunity that you are pursuing--- such as for me is Dr. Wallach's 90 essentials and vitamin deficiency message.

Let me know your thoughts!

What points have helped as you learn and discover whether a business opportunity and their products is right for you?  If this article has been helpful in any way, please feel free to repost it with credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment